As a writing intern at Newcity Magazine, I write many different stories. The area that I write the most for is the Stage section of Newcity, but I also write for the Booze Muse section and the main section of the magazine. My stories are published both online and in print.
For this article, I attended the Nutcracker Dance-Along at the Chicago Cultural Center. After attending, I wrote this piece in a third person perspective. I attempted to capture the feel of the event. Full story on the Newcity Stage website here.
I went and reported on the opening of the Highball Lounge. While I was there, I tried a few of their drinks and interviewed the owner. The article is written in a third-person perspective and strives to give the reader a sense of the atmosphere of the lounge. You can find the whole article here.
This article was a round-up article of all of the holiday theater in Chicago. It looked more in-depth at the irreverent and weird holiday theater that is around town. Full story on the Newcity Stage website here.
List of other published stories
- Social Education: CommuniTeach Plays Matchmaker for Teaching and Learning – here
- New Years Eve 2011 Events Roundup – here
- Somber Setting: A Retrial for “Judgment at Nuremberg” – here
- The Windy Midrealm: The Society for Creative Anachronism keeps medieval times alive – here
- Calling a Play: “Motion” Puts Football on a Different Stage – here
- Sipping to the Beat: Drinkify Pairs Tunes with Drinks – here
- Bumppo Road: Catching Up With the Unexpected Artistic Director Nick Sandys – here
- Method or Madness? (re)discover theatre commences its classical mission with “Hamlet” – here
- Aftershock Theater: American Blues joins a global project to help Japanese artists in the wake of the quake – here
- Enter Screen Right: Chicago Companies Bring Digital Theater into the Forefront – here
- “Kill Bill”? Commedia Beauregard mashes up Tarantino and Shakespeare with “Bard Fiction” – here
- Character Study: Lucas Neff takes a Break from Television’s “Raising Hope” to Bring his New Play, “The Last Duck,” Home – here